Chose the Online Course or Science Mommy Private Coaching. (And for a limited time, get both! The online course for free when you purchase a Premium Coaching Package! See below on the right)!
Science Mommy Sleep Coaching Versus “Baby Training”:
Many books and baby sleep consultants advise on how to condition your baby, for example, to not cry out when distressed, thus eliminating the communication of baby's need, not the need itself. This is most commonly applied to sleep training, but can also grow into a default reaction to the natural dependency of babies. Because of my studies of brain science, psychological development, and infant mental health, I approach challenges differently, whether it’s with naps, night, or just being put down during the day.
During the first year with my own newborn daughter, Gianna, I developed a brain-based alternative! Instead of breaking baby of a “bad habit” we will work sensitively and respectfully with your baby to gently create the necessary changes (which is what you decide, not some arbitrary idea of what baby “should” be doing). First, and foremost we keep your baby’s security in tact. We keep his communication of his needs in full force while empowering him to accept the desired goal/change. You will lose some sleep when you have a baby, but you do not have to choose between your baby's emotional well-being and neurological development and your own sleep needs.
The first year with baby should be a joyful, precious, and peaceful time. There is so much that can be done to prevent future problems and make immediate improvements in sleep within your baby's natural capability and comfort zone. I approach it all with an eye toward protecting optimal brain development and healthy attachment.
Why I don't have a certification:
After the birth of my second baby, I realized that not only did the powerful scientific bodies of knowledge need to be merged and translated for those not in the fields of neuroscience or biology, they had to be applied to real life. I developed an accessible, step-by-step approach to thriving in the first year (sleeping!) in a way that supports your baby’s optimum brain health. I did this while tuning in to my own baby and my instincts while studying developmental neuropsychology. Once I cracked the code on sleep that avoids distress, conditioning, and controlling, I looked for a certification that would bolster and credential my experience-earned knowledge base. I could not find one program related to baby sleep that was consistent with the science I had learned directly from such leading scientists as Darcia Narvaez, PhD, and Allan Schore, PhD. Even one from a famous author that comes the closest, in terms of what I've named "The Nudge," uses a behavioral conditioning, techniques that can be too stressful for developing brains, and is too influenced by behaviorist attitudes toward babies that are inconsistent with biology.
So I don't have any sleep certifications. I do have a degree in psychology and post graduate continuing education credits from developmental interpersonal neurobiology conferences at UCLA, approved by California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS). And I have a system that Works!
What to do next:
To get started, simply fill out the short form at the bottom of this page and make your payment for the appropriate coaching offering or package (at right). Once payment and form are received, you will be contacted to set a time for your personal session with me. I don't farm out any portion of your coaching to anyone else.
Supporting Science: Why a Gentle Approach is Best
Online Course: Get Your Immediate & Unlimited All Access Pass to:
Science Mommy Coaching Products
Single Phone Session:
The single phone coaching session gives parents what they need to practically apply developmental brain science to any challenge. It takes you through the paces of the 3 pillars of healthy sleep that make up the Smart Baby Sleep™ system. It shows you how to optimize sleep without stress or conditioning (the alternative to the cry it out method) for your unique baby and alerts you to underlying contributing causes. 45-60 minutes.
Premium Private Coaching Package:
1. A review of your case/concerns including customized application of the Smart Baby Sleep™ system.
2. A 45-60 minute phone session to clearly define goals and start immediately addressing concerns (as detailed in consultation description above).
3. A written, customized plan to directly affect your concerns and reach your individual goals, complete with supporting scientific resources and techniques tailored to your unique baby, based on developmental brain science. We work together to meet your baby where she/he is – her “comfort baseline” and gently “nudge” her from there, toward the goal.
4. Unlimited Direct Access for ongoing questions through the secret Facebook group, “Science Mommy Secureline” to further advise and support you as you implement your individualized plan or encounter new questions. (please allow 1-2 days for response, though we often live chat as well.) This offering also provides community support from like-minded parents who are also implementing the Smart Baby Sleep System!
5. Two additional follow up phone sessions or 2, one hour Facebook messenger sessions to augment Science Mommy Secureline support, as needed. (e.g., to ensure the right challenge and emotional balance is being maintained.)
6. Lifetime membership and all-access to the Smart Baby Sleep System online course! I recommend you complete this before your first phone session to have a good foundation going in. This is the only true no-cry system to improve baby and toddler sleep naturally. Let’s get started!
Please only select button below if you've already purchased the single consulting session (in the past 30 days) and would like to apply your $95 toward the Premium Coaching Package detailed above.
For free brain-building tips and parenting insights.
Legal Disclaimer: As a health and parenting journalist, my job is to research and understand the broad, interdisciplinary science pertaining to child development. My coaching services are based on this research and understanding. Though, through my own experience, I've developed specific tools and techniques that I believe best adhere to what science shows us is most beneficial, my advice is not to be considered a substitute for medical advice by a licensed professional.